How to use Google Analytics to get content ideas
Did you know that you can use Google Analytics not only to check the positioning of your page, but also to create quality content? Although I knowIt is only considered a measurement tool, Google Analytics can provide you with essential data that, once studied, will be the best ingredient to create content that engages your audience.
Google Analytics is a tool of the internet giant. It offers you traffic information on your website or e-commerce, with such specific details that you can discover even the time slot in which your site receives more visits, if they are men or women, their age ranges and even the country in which they are located.
Google Analytics is not only a tool to make reports at the end of the month, it is also the best source of information to get to know your audience and make them fall in love with your content.
Can you imagine all the potential that this type of data has?
All brands want to be relevant in their niche and become authoritative voices, that is, to have the acceptance of their audiences to monetize their work, either through the sale of the products they offer or through collaborations.
To reach this level you need create content strategies that are related to the interests of your audience, but in addition to reading it, listening to it and analyzing it, it is also important to know what they do and how they do it, and that is where we welcome Google Analytics and the various algorithms that used to monitor all actions performed on Google, from the number of times you access a web page, the device you use and the amount of time you stay connected.
It may be a complicated topic for some, but when all this information is used, you can increase the reach and recognition of your brand or company to new levels in periods of time that you would never have suspected.
Better let's see everything you can take advantage of Google Analytics to make your audience fall in love.
Keys for the use of Google Analytics
If you have already worked with Google Analytics, it is possible you have focused only on data such as bounce rate and the number of conversions, but today you will see a new approach to improve brainstorming and creative tables for your brand.
To achieve this, the following keys:
- Choose the best content: By analyzing the data from Google Analytics you can see what your customers are after, and thus create an efficient list of content and topics that work great for your website. In the behavior section, you can review secondary data that can be used to reinforce your strategy, such as devices and search terms, which may be related to your keywords. For example: you have a dry cleaning service and you always mention the word ironing, which corresponds to one of the words in your niche, but now people are looking to straighten clothes, which would be a synonym for the same activity. By including that keyword in your content, yese will create an increase in visits to your website or blog.
- Analyze the keywords: We all know that SEO goes hand in hand with effective content. And this is achieved with the proper use of a keyword, which serves as an anchor, so that your content is positioned in Google. But have you ever wondered how you can get those words? Simple, use the program to filter the most searched words, and thus be able to include them in your content. Remember that Google gives value to content, and look for those that may be interesting for your traffic. So do not forget to position words that are accepted in search engines. It seems a bit complicated, but it's actually simpler, using Google Analytics, you get youterms related to your page that people are searching for.
- Innovate is the task: Keeping your content updated is another aspect that you cannot ignore. In the competitive world of the internet, users turn pages faster than you think. The only thing that can guarantee maintenancewas the influx is new and innovative content. To achieve this you must use Analytics, in the content section of the site, check the pages for visits. Here you will have results on what your potential customers are looking for. You will also be able to tell if visitors are only wandering through your content, and not stopping to read. Or if, on the contrary, you have topics that attract attention. With these small actions you can optimize up to 40 % traffic on your website.
- Go further: We already talked about the keyword, but this topic has not ended there. In SEO, content is important and you cannot underestimate its value. Knowing the exact weight of the keyword in your client is a key to Google Analytics. What is sought is that the keyword matches the visitor's intent. Print a plus of utility to your publications.
Keep in mind that there are several types of keyword intentions:
- Users are responsible for searching for a specific site, which we know as navigational intent.
- Some look for the answer to questions, it is based on the informative intention.
- Users search results for transactions, this is the research intent.
- Other users already know that they are going to buy and are ready, it is based on the transactional intention.
With this prior knowledge and using Google Analytics reports, you can understand what intent your keyword has, and redirect if it does not achieve the objective you are looking for. This may be the missing ingredient in your conversion funnel and will allow you to have a greater number of customers.
With the reasons that we have explained to you, surely you have changed your perspective of Google Analytics and it will become the new ally that you cannot forget when planning your content. This tool provides you with the measurement of your content in the digital environment, but also helps you understand how your audience interacts with them and what you need to do to improve them. That is, it has an all-inclusive package.
So, what are you waiting for? The objective is to analyze, verify and create strategies based on the data they provide. Do not expect others to reach the goals before you, worry about analyzing the reports, and use them in your favor.